Sunday, August 13, 2006

Getaway time!

Left Northern VA: 7:30 AM
Arrived at Pawleys Island SC: 6:30 PM

We stopped twice. Once for a one hour lunch and again to get gas and to feed and change Benjamin. He was a true champ the whole ride down but got a little cranky at the end because when we got to within 80 miles of my Mom's place, it was gridlock at 501 South. Took us two and a half hours to go that 80 miles. The cause of the back up was road construction, plus this is one of the last beach week's at Myrtle for the locals as schools start August 21. Normally the trip is eight hours without a stop but we had thought it would take between nine and ten with a couple stops.

I got through the drive ok, only two flip offs at SUV's tailgating me in North Carolina. Weena sat in back and took care of Benjamin's needs. Thank you XM Radio for the tunes. I could not have made it without a great selection of music at my fingertips.

Golf, beach time, some shopping and we're checking out the Myrtle Beach Pelicans on Friday night.

I promise some beach shots of Benjamin to those family members who requested these.

1 comment:

maryjanejeff said...

Glad you made it oaky, Bill. Pawley's Island is just north of Georgetown, correct? I drove from Myrtle Beach to Charleston once in 97, found gas for 89 cents a gallon in Mount Pleasant.