Monday, December 18, 2006

Today I Turn 45


I turned 45 years old today! Doesn't feel like I am in my mid-forties though. Not with a one year old son raise. I feel ten, fifteen years younger.

That said, look what I got for my birthday from Weena and Benjamin...

I am blown away by this CD. December 16-19, 1970 Miles Davis took what some consider to be his last great quintet into The Cellar Door, one of the premier music spots located on 34th Street NW (Georgetown), for a four-night stand. Musicians included Keith Jarrett on both electric piano and organ, Gary Bartz on alto and soprano saxophones, Michael Henderson (played with Stevie Wonder and Aretha Franklin) on bass, and Jack DeJohnette on drums. Guitarist John McLaughlin joined the band for the Saturday session, playing what he calls some of the most intense music of his career.

All Music gives this a five star rating. This will be in the CD player in my car this week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Bill!

Anonymous said...

Loved the new photos. See you soon.
Mom