Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Game 6 to the Capitals 5-4 in OT!



Unbelievable game and win for the Caps last night. They buried some ugly past history vs the Penguins last night with this win in OT. Caps Coach Bruce Boudreau is now 6-1 when the Caps face elimination. Now on to game seven tomorrow night at Verizon Center. Wish I was going but since I'm superstitious, I know where I have to be and that's my basement watching. I didn't attend games one and two at Verizon Center and the Caps won both. I went to game five and the Caps lost.

This Caps team just feels completely different than all the Caps teams that repeatedly broke my heart since they first qualified for the playoffs in 1983. None of those prior teams really fought back like this Caps team has. They came from 2-0 and 3-1 down in the Ranger series and in this series, the tide turned and they went from up 2-0 to down 3-2. They fought back to square it.

Sit back and appreciate that we have two really good hockey teams going at it for the right to move on to the conference final.

Nothing in sports matches up to a NHL playoff game seven. Nothing.

Game 6 recap

No comments: