Saturday, March 01, 2008

Goodbye February

It's always been a depressing month for me. I can't put my finger on why it is. Perhaps it's usually the month I get hit with a nasty cold. I thought I was going to get through this month without getting sick until I started feeling ill on Thursday and had to leave work early. Sure enough, my temperature hit 102 Thursday night and I had the chills and I was sick enough where I stayed home Friday. The fever finally broke yesterday evening and I'm still feeling weak but hopefully in a couple days I'll be at full strength.

While resting in bed I got to watch the first two rounds of the PGA's Honda Classic, an exhibition baseball game between the Dodgers and Braves and a few soccer games off GOL TV.

Not wanting to get Weena sick, Benjamin slept in our bed and I went into Benjamin's room to sleep. I brought my transistor radio and would go up and down the dials looking for hockey or basketball games or sports talk radio. I used to do this as a kid each night with my Panasonic Tech 1000 so it brought back memories. Keep in mind when I was a kid, we didn't have the internet, ESPN and sports access 24/7 and the only way to get news, talk or other teams ball games was radio.

So February is history and March is here. March gives us tons of NCAA hoops action, exhibition baseball and hopefully warmer weather for Easter, which is March 23rd this year. The Nationals new ballpark opens March 29th for an exhibition with the Orioles and D.C. United opens MLS play on March 29th.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let's hope March is better for you. No more colds. Take care. Mom