Sunday, June 18, 2006

Father's Day

Today I celebrated my first Father's Day. The day started when Benjamin awoke at 6:00 AM and wanted to play. We had a nice breakfast and headed to church. I got some cool presents from my wife and Benjamin, but hearing the words Happy Father's Day for the first time was priceless. Later on we were joined by my Mom and sister for a nice lunch and they gave me a book on Dad-isms while Benjamin got some cool clothes.

Some Dad-ism examples, probably none of which I followed but heard a bunch of times from my Dad:

"Look at me when I'm talking to you"
"As long as you live under my roof, you'll live by my rules"
"I never talked to my old man like that"
"What's so funny? Wipe that smile off your face"

Now I'm watching the U.S. Open golf while Benjamin crawls around on the floor and my wife is upstairs taking a nap. Definitely a great day!

No comments: