Sunday, June 24, 2007

The Week In Review

All is well. Benjamin moved to the Toddler room at his day care and he's wasted no time in making new friends and he really seems to enjoy himself there. I see how happy he is when I pick him up every day.

On Thursday, my cousin Katie and her fiance Christian arrived from Norway. They flew over for a friends wedding and stayed at my sister Kim's house. We all got together for dinner and had a nice time. They brought over a Norway soccer kit for Benjamin, which I will have him wear shortly. Katie and Christian's wedding is in September.



Finally, I watched the U.S.A.'s 2-1 victory over Mexico in the final of the CONCACAF Gold Cup, which is the championship of North and Central America and the Caribbean.

The victory continued the U.S. dominance over Mexico (I love writing this). They are 9-2-1 against Mexico since 2000, including 8-0-1 in games played in the U.S. This is the fourth time the U.S. has won the Gold Cup and this victory gave the U.S. a berth in the 2009 Confederations Cup in South Africa. This will be great tournament experience in preparation for the 2010 World Cup. I was bummed after the U.S. crashed out of the 2006 World Cup but right now the future for U.S. soccer looks pretty good.

No comments: