Sunday, June 17, 2007

Father's Day

Spent the whole day with Benjamin and Weena. We had a lot of fun just hanging around with each other. It's a special honor for me to be a father and I am very proud. I will always try to do my best to set a good example for Benjamin. Just hearing "Happy Father's Day directed to me is an awesome feeling.



When Benjamin was asleep, I watched the Real Madrid-Mallorca match on GOL TV. Win at home and Real Madrid wins their 30th Liga title. In the 17th-minute Mallorca went ahead 1-0 and Barcelona (tied with Real Madrid at the start of the day) was hammering Gimnastic Tarragona. If that held, Barcelona would win La Liga. In the 32nd minute, Real lost striker Ruud van Nistelrooy to a pulled hamstring and I was sensing doom for my long time favorite team in La Liga.

In the second half, Real Madrid woke up and scored three times and to take the game 3-1 and the title. Even though Real Madrid and Barcelona finished with the same number of points, Real wins by virtue of a better head to head record vs their rivals.



It was also the final match in a Real Madrid uniform for David Beckham, who now moves on to Major League Soccer's Los Angeles Galaxy. His pal Tom Cruise and his wife Katie Holmes enjoy the match with Beckham's wife and family. (Weena, this is for you)



During dinner, we watched the U.S. Open golf tournament, a Father's Day tradition going back many years with my Dad. Argentina's Angel Cabrera beat Tiger Woods and Jim Furyk by a stroke to capture his first major championship. Cabrea's win pleased my Father-in-Law as his middle name is Cabrera. Everyone had a great weekend. My Father-in-Law spent time with his brother at his house while my Dad was playing in a weekend golf outing with some of his pals. Happy Father's Day all!

No comments: