Saturday, March 25, 2006

Rookie Dad: Month Five!

After getting home from the NCAA hoops tournament at 3:00 this morning, I slept most of the morning and again into the afternoon. Benjamin took his nap next to his old man at noon and at 2:30 PM he woke me up and the two of us just hung out together. My wife was out shopping so I had the whole afternoon with him. The agenda:

Division II hoops title game won by Winona State over Virginia Union
TPC golf tournament
LSU vs Texas NCAA hoops

During this afternoon, male bonding TV sportsfest we had a couple feedings, a diaper change, some tummy time and we played in his little gym where he lays on his back and plays with these toys using his hands and feet. My next door neighbor Fuad came over and hung out for a little while. Later I read the Post sports page to Benjamin.

My wife came home, Benjamin now has some new Spring outfits and we had dinner. Now I'm washing clothes and just watched UCLA beat Memphis. Benjamin is five months old today. I hope he had fun with his Dad today. I sure had a blast with him. My rookie year as a Dad. So far, so good.

No comments: