Friday, March 10, 2006

Birthday

Seven years ago this June I lost a very dear friend. She would have been 38 years old today. I honestly believe she keeps looking out for me. After her death I would pray and just talk to her. It was my way of grieving and I struggled a lot to understand her death. One of the things I prayed for was to meet someone as nice as her and settle down and have a family. Today I have a wonderful wife, a beautiful son and a rather large family, all of which I am very fond of. Happy Birthday Gema. Long May You Run.

I saw the following poem at a web site today and thought it was appropriate.
By Mary Elizabeth Frye - 1932

Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there. I do not sleep.

I am a thousands winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you awaken in the morning's hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.

Do not stand at my grave and cry.
I am not there. I did not die.

No comments: