Saturday, February 06, 2010

Another Huge Snowstorm Hits DC

Official count at Casa Benjamin today: 23"

We lost power around 12:30 AM Saturday and it was restored at 5:00 AM. I got up to check on some things and the camera was handy so I got a few shots outdoors. Snow was still falling and it continued until late afternoon. I got outside and did a couple hours worth of shoveling before calling it a day. More shoveling looms on Sunday.

Back in December, we got hit with a similar 20" plus storm on a Saturday and we were off work on Monday. I'm expecting the same thing this Monday where we will be home.

5:00 AM front yard






9:00 AM back yard




9:00 AM front yard






I've lived in the DC area my whole life and never seen us hit with two snowstorms like this in one Winter.

I took some pics of the December 19, 2009 snow storm but didn't blog about it. One post I am still getting comments on is this February 1979 snow storm recap.

No comments: