Friday, January 30, 2009

Caps Scrimmage at Chevy Chase Club




Photos courtesy of On Frozen Blog

The Caps took time off from their regular practice routine to have a little fun last night at Chevy Chase Club. Why am I posting about this? Our family belonged to Chevy Chase and I learned to skate on this ice as a kid. The practice was closed to the general public. I used to work on the golf maintenance staff and for a moment I thought about calling someone there to see if I could get in but I eventually came home and spent the evening with Benjamin as I will be at the Caps-Red Wings game on Saturday.

Here is a video of the scrimmage and Caps Coach Bruce Boudreau addresses the media:



Tarik El-Bashir writes about the scrimmage here in his Capitals Insider column for The Washington Post

On Frozen Blog was there too.

More pictures:


Meanwhile, I look forward to Saturday's Caps-Red Wings game. It could be a preview of the Stanley Cup Finals. The Red Wings won their 4th Stanley Cup in the past twelve seasons last year and the Caps are a serious contender.

If I recall correctly, the last time I saw the Red Wings here was when they beat the Caps in game four of the 1998 Stanley Cup finals. Maybe this is the year Alex Ovechkin and the Caps hoist the Cup like Steve Yzerman did. Long, long time to go though.

No comments: