Friday, January 09, 2009

New Camera: Benjamin in Black & White



One of the presents I got for Christmas was a Nikon D40 DSLR (Digital Single Lens Reflex) camera. The small Nikon Cool Pix camera I bought prior to Benjamin's birth has served me well but it was time to get a bigger and better camera. Tonight I decided to shoot some black and white pictures of Benjamin. Here's one where he is stomping me in a game of Candyland.

I'm still learning about using this camera as you can tell by the dark background in this photo. I can't remember the last time I shot anything in black and white, probably in the mid '70's as a kid when I had a Kodak Instamatic. I'm excited I have this feature and I'll play around with it a bit and post the results here.

One thing I've had to adjust to is this camera doesn't have a live view function. Viewing and focusing is done through the view finder.

A couple references that will be handy is the Nikon D40/D40x/D60 Photog Blog and Nikon D40/D40x Digital Field Guide by David Busch.

No comments: