Monday, June 02, 2008

Orioles Memories

Saw this bit of news today...

Orioles take steps to return 'Baltimore' to road uniforms



This is great news. I've always liked having the name of the city on the uniform. The Nationals did a nice job with their road uniform.



Here's hoping the Orioles will bring back this logo as well.



This DVD will be in my collection soon.



I've got the 1979 World Series on DVD as well as a few souvenirs from that season. It was the first World Series I attended. The 1983 World Series win was great to see (I was at game four in Philadelphia), but that 1979 Orioles team is still my favorite baseball team ever despite the World Series loss.

I guess I like that 1979 team a lot because me and my buddies went to a lot of games that season. We were still in high school. A couple my friends bought used cars and we'd pile in and just go. Tickets were cheap and the baseball was great.

I want to like the Nats and I will go to games in DC to support them. I love the new stadium but the Baltimore Orioles are the team I grew up with after the Washington Senators were moved to Texas and became the Rangers. Despite Owner Peter Angelos bungling the Orioles up year after year, I'll never stop rooting for them.

The Baltimore Sun is periodically publishing stories about the players, fans and games that shaped the run to the Orioles' last World Series title. Follow it here.
Remembering the '83 O's

No comments: