Tuesday, October 16, 2007

A Ray Of Hope

Back in March while the NCAA Basketball tournament was going on, I remember reading about this tragedy. Jason Ray, age 21, was killed in a traffic accident in New Jersey while attending UNC's trip to the NCAA regional finals. He was the University of North Carolina's mascot, the ram you would see on the sidelines cheering and dancing as the game was going on. Like all mascots you see at games these days, he made people smile.

Jason had wanted to be an organ donor. The article below tells just what Jason Ray's death did for others since his organs were donated. There are three parts to the article, his life, death and rebirth. It's a long read, but well worth every word.

A Ray of Hope

He touched peoples lives in a positive way.

Another article

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I took the time to read the article. It was very moving. Makes me glad I'm an organ donor although at my age, I'm not sure they would be any good!

Mom