Saturday, March 05, 2011

Harlem Globetrotters at Verizon Center

My Dad took me to see them at University of Maryland's Cole Field House when I was a kid. I still remember how awesome this was so when I saw the Harlem Globetrotters were making their annual DC area appearance, I sprung for three tickets up close behind the Globetrotter's bench at Verizon Center and took Benjamin and Weena for their first experience seeing the Globetrotters. As you can see, we had a great time.

The Washington Generals were pretty scrappy, taking a two point lead into halftime. They extended it to five early in the secong half and I was wondering if the Globetrotters coach would call a time out. Then I thought that the Globetrotters haven't lost since 1971 and they probably called their last time out in 1993.

The Globetrotters pulled away in the 4th quarter hitting several four point shots to win the game 94-73.

Pregame warm up.




Clowning around with the ref.


More clowning around.


Thunder for three...yes!


Benjamin enjoying the show.


Different kind of defending here.


A four point shot.


Benjamin signals it's good!


Slam dunks!




This is what a Globetrotters show is all about.
Fan participation and I love the emotion!


Uh oh...Here comes the water trick....


Scooter entertains the crowd before the second half begins.








Another slam dunk!


More clowning around.
A Generals player yanked down Hi Lite's shorts to reveal a tu tu.


Benjamin loving the Globetrotter experience!

No comments: