Monday, January 03, 2011

Miscellaneous Sports Pictures

Went to two games during the last week of 2010. On December 28th I went to the Caps vs Canadiens game and the next day I went to what's now called "Historic" RFK Stadium to see Maryland in the Military Bowl. RFK Stadium turns 50 years old this year. Here are some random shots I took at both games. Caps and Maryland both won.

December 28, 2010: Washington Capitals vs Montreal Canadiens

Caps greats


Would love to see a Stanley Cup Champs banner one day


Bullets won it all in 1978. I was in 10th grade at the time.


The tools of their trade for the Caps.


Alex Ovechkin with his traditional pregame ice splash.


Canadian National Anthem


A scene from Animal House fires up the crowd.


December 29, 2010: Maryland Terrapins vs East Carolina Pirates

Game pics here

The colors


Fly over


Field and stands


Maryland extra point attempt


Game action


Upper deck at RFK Stadium


End zone. There used to be temporary seats and a beer stand when the Redskins played here. It got real loud there.


Sadly there is no more end zone seating in RFK Stadium. Replaced by hospitality barns. Boo!


Here is where I stood and took my game pics. Decent view and I blocked no one.


Lower bowl shots in what is probably my final trip ever at RFK.


No comments: