Friday, August 28, 2009

Myrtle Beach Pelicans

While on vacation I went and saw the Myrtle Beach Pelicans play. They are an affiliate of the Atlanta Braves and have been at Myrtle Beach since 1999. They play in the Carolina League (Class A) Southern Division. On the night I went, there was a doubleheader so I decided to splurge and eleven bucks got me a front row ticket behind the Pelicans dugout.

The Pelicans lost both games I went to and with ten games left in their season, they are 3.5 games out of the division lead. Here are a few of my favorite pics.

Pre-game warm up and stretching


Exchanging line up cards and meeting with the umpires


Pelicans pitcher Erik Cordier


The view from section 106, first row


OF Cody Johnson. He hit his 27th homer during this at bat. He's at 30 HR now but strikes out a lot. Got to cut the K's down if he wants to make the Braves.


Shortstop Randy Gress


First baseman Gerry Rodriguez


Former Washington Senators pitcher Dick Such is the pitching coach for the Salem Red Sox. After reading a couple books on the Ted Williams managed 1969-'71 Washington Senators teams, I found out there are still a few players from those teams still active in baseball.


Happy Pelican despite the doubleheader loss. This was Benjamin's favorite picture.

No comments: