Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Sean Taylor: 1983-2007



I didn't know Sean Taylor but I rooted for him each Sunday as he wore the burgundy and gold of my favorite NFL team, the Washington Redskins. The Redskins have brought my friends, family and even total strangers together over the years so Taylor's tragic death hit me hard when I found out about it early this morning. Hearing this news reminded me of the day when Maryland basketball great Len Bias died back in June 1986. Taylor was having his best season as a Redskin before he was injured a couple weeks ago. He was just 24 and he left behind an infant daughter.

To summarize Sean Taylor: He was the Redskins most dominant defensive player. At free safety, he was able to shut down plays with a single hit. He was like an extra linebacker out there. WR Terrell Owens never had a 100 yard game with either the Eagles or the Cowboys when Taylor was in the secondary. Two weeks ago against the Redskins, T.O. went nuts with 4 TD's as Taylor was out injured.

As tough as it is, the Redskins will play on.

Post article

Mike Wise

No comments: