Saturday, August 31, 2024

Ben arrives at Virginia Tech

I started this blog back in December 2005 when Ben was two months old as a way for folks to follow along as we raised him. It was easier to post photos here rather than attach a ton of photos to e-mails. Then social media took off and I posted there and this blog sort of faded away except for an occasional post. I promise to keep this going on a regular basis now that Ben is in college. Unbelievable how time has flown by!

Photo shoot at Potomac Falls High School before Ben graduated


Move in day! Ben's dorm Campbell




Ben settling in




All in for Virginia Tech!


We couldn't get all of Ben's things in one load so my sister and I took a road trip to Blacksburg VA the Saturday after he moved in and dropped off a few more items. Afterwards we went to lunch and took a mini tour of the dorm areas and places to eat before getting back on the road. Quick, but fun day trip. More photos of the campus when we visit Ben in October. Virginia Tech is a beautiful campus!








Meet the Class of 2028. Over 8,000 posted for the traditional VT photo inside of Lane Stadium.



There are a lot of great social media sites to follow Virginia Tech but the VT Therapy Dogs Instagram site is one of my favorites. I hope to meet them during our trip in October.

Ben completed his first week of classes this past week. I do miss our day to day routine like sitting down and watching a baseball game. He is adjusting well and gets to go to his first Hokies football game on September 7th when the Hokies play Marshall. We are planning to go to a Virginia Tech Men's Soccer match when we visit and I am now all in on Virginia Tech Athletics.

Again, I promise more updates during his time at Virginia Tech.

#ThisIsHome

No comments: