Thursday, September 22, 2011

Maryland Football

Five years ago I started recapping University of Maryland Football games here on this blog. I did this for three seasons until I received a Nikon D40 digital camera for Christmas in 2008. I created a blog called Section 19 where I would tell the story of the games in pictures from my seats at Byrd Stadium.

As I was doing this, I thought that one day it would be great to be on the sidelines shooting the game. Last Fall I was on the sidelines at a couple of Centreville High School football games and this Spring I took pictures for a few South Lakes High School Soccer games. Valuable experience which paid off.

This season I am on the sidelines at Byrd Stadium taking pictures for Inside MD Sports.

I'm really enjoying myself and I am learning a lot. A couple photographers have been very helpful to me so far during the two home games I've shot. I am gaining more confidence each game. For the record, during the 2010 season, I've upgraded to a Nikon D90.

You can find my archive of photos at Section 19

Just wanted to throw in a photo comparison here. The first image is from Getty Images which I saw on a lot of web sites following the game and the second image is the one I shot for Inside Maryland Sports. I'm gaining more confidence every game. This is a dream come true for me!



No comments: