Saturday, November 20, 2010

Centreville Wildcats Lose To Chantilly

Chantilly proved to be too tough for Centreville and as a result, they beat the Wildcats 30-13 in the Virginia AAA Northern Region Division 6 semifinal. Chantilly moves on to face Lake Braddock in the final next week, while Centreville finishes their season 9-3.

Thanks to Jimmy Sanabria, Centreville's Director of Student Activities,I was able to roam the sidelines and take pictures. After the game I listened to Head Coach Chris Haddock address his team. First, he said Centreville Football was back. After a couple of bad seasons, Centreville hired Haddock away from Fairfax High School and in his first season with the team, he guided the Wildcats to the playoffs and back to respectability. Haddock stressed that the returning players needed to hit the weight room to get stronger. He also thanked all his seniors and told them this experience will help them in college, in starting a career and becoming a parent. It was neat hearing this and I was thinking one day perhaps my son Benjamin will be a part of a team like this.

It was a fun time being on the field, I shot from a lot of different places. I thank Centreville High School for the opportunity. I saw professional photographers and journalists at work up close. One day I hope to gain the knowledge and experience they have. I do plan on taking a class or two in the future to improve my skills.

Those who check in here on a regular basis and live in the Northern Virginia area, keep this team in mind next season as I think they are going to have another excellent year. Who knows, maybe there is another Virginia State Championship for Centreville.

Here is the Post recap of the game
Chantilly Bounces Back

Centreville Patch
Chantilly Ends Centreville Football Season in Regional Semifinal

Enjoy the photo essay.



















































No comments: