Monday, June 29, 2009

I'm Going To Miss This Guy



Sadly Billy Mays died yesterday.

I usually get up around 6:30 AM daily. As I'm getting dressed with the news on in the background, the first of many Billy Mays product pitch ads I'd see during my day would come on. For some reason I never really got tired of him. Maybe it was the voice. Maybe it was the great beard he had. I'd watch and yeah I'd always wonder to myself: Can it really do all that? I never found out as I'm not one to order stuff off TV. I'm more of an Amazon.com and MLB.com guy.

In the evening as we're unwinding I'd watch a little TV with Benjamin on PBS Kids Sprout or Noggin and bam, there's Billy Mays. I'd watch a ball game later, there's Billy again.

He was just 50 years old. Mr. Yell and Sell as he was often called was probably one of the greatest TV pitchmen ever.

My favorite was the office ad for ESPN360.com


For more on Billy Mays, go here

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He was irritating but very likeable! Nice tribute.