Friday, May 22, 2009

Softball Comeback

It's been ages since I played softball so when our firm decided to field one this Summer, I signed up. Last night we had an informal practice and our ten game season starts June 9th.

I've decided my days of trolling the outfield are over so I played a little first base and pitched. I actually did ok with the arc and plans are to have me start out as a pitcher. In college and a couple rec. leagues I played some first base in addition to the outfield, so I was familiar with the position.

Hopefully when on the mound I won't end up like Charlie Brown.



Right now we are trying to come up with a nickname. I work for an accounting firm and we have a list of four. Phantoms, Crunchers (as in number crunchers), SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley) and Sharks.

Stay tuned for more as there could be some good comedy out of this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the SOX - accounting firms and non profits are plagued by these rules!!!